Lorecraft RPG
Climate Information 2RX4j3n
Lorecraft RPG
Climate Information 2RX4j3n

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Enter a world of might and magic, myths and legends, fantastic beasts and blood-curdling monsters. Who you'll be, what you'll do and even how you'll go about doing it all lie in the palm of your hand in the lands of Sosaria. Whether you choose the path of the humble craftsman or the cunning merchant, the gallant knight or scythe wielding necromancer... The possibilities are endless. Leave your mark on this mystical world.
Administration

Moderation

- Click Here to Apply -
» Stone Shortsword
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:02 by Soul of Artifice

» Blowgun
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:01 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Spear
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11 2023, 23:27 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Longbow
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:49 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Light Crossbow (WIP)
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:47 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Mallet
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:08 by Soul of Artifice

» Standard Iron Maul
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:07 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Hand Axe
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2023, 17:22 by Soul of Artifice

» List of Gems (WiP)
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2022, 20:32 by Gamemaster

» Ka'ai Corvus (WIP)
Climate Information I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2022, 23:39 by Soul of Artifice

Current Season
Summer

Current Date
September 606

Climate Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owner
Gamemaster

Gamemaster

Guild : None
<b>EXP</b> EXP : 33
<b>Gold</b> Gold : 0

Character sheet
Title: None
Class:
Guild: None
Climate Information Empty
PostSubject: Climate Information   Climate Information I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2022, 21:26

Climate Information DCxZqnR

In the topic "Regions of Sosaria", it covers the climate type of each and every region found in the world of Sosaria. The climate type determines what type of creatures and plant-life can be found there, the general temperature, types and frequency of natural disasters and more. Please familiarize yourself with the climate of a region before roleplaying in it so that you may accurately describe your character's surroundings and other information. There are five primary  climate groups: tropical, dry, mild, continental, and polar. These climate groups are further divided into climate types.

Climate Information

Tropical
Rainforest | The average temperature in tropical rainforests ranges from 70 to 85°F (21 to 30°C). The environment is pretty wet in tropical rainforests, maintaining a high humidity of 77% to 88% year-round. The yearly rainfall ranges from 80 to 400 inches (200 to 1000 cm), and it can rain hard.
Monsoon | Tropical monsoon climates have monthly mean temperatures above 18 °C (64 °F) in every month of the year and a dry season. Tropical monsoon climate is the intermediate climate between the rainforest and the drier savanna climate.
Savanna | A tropical wet and dry climate predominates in areas covered by savanna. Mean monthly temperatures are at or above 64° F and annual precipitation averages between 30 and 50 inches. For at least five months of the year, during the dry season, less than 4 inches a month are received.

Dry
Arid | Precipitation (or the lack of) is the main factor that defines Arid climate. To have an Arid climate, an area must receive less than 10 inches of rain per year. However, many areas of arid climate receive far less than that. Some deserts around the world don't receive 10 inches of rain in 10 years!
Semiarid | Semiarid or Semi-Arid means "somewhat dry". Semiarid climate is found around the edges of Arid climate and serves as a transition from Arid to another climate. This is a dry climate that has fluctuating amounts of precipitation, which can often result in drought.

Mild
Mediterranean | Mediterranean climate, major climate type characterized by hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters and located between about 30° and 45° latitude north and south of the Equator and on the western sides of the continents.
Subtropical | The subtropical climate is a major climate characterized by relatively high temperatures and evenly distributed precipitation throughout the year. This climate type is found on the eastern sides of the continents between 20° and 35° N and S latitude.
Marine | An oceanic climate, also known as a marine climate, is the humid temperate climate sub-type of the Mild classification, typical of west coasts in higher middle latitudes of continents, generally featuring cool summers and mild winters (for their latitude), with a relatively narrow annual temperature range and few extremes of temperature. Oceanic climates can be found in both hemispheres normally between 40 and 55 latitude. Most notably found in small island regions or certain coastal regions.

Continental
Warm Summer | A warm summer version of a continental climate features an average temperature of at least 22 °C (71.6 °F) in its warmest month. Since these regimes are limited to the Northern Hemisphere, the warmest month is usually July or August.
Cool Summer | The cool-summer subtype of the continental climate is rare and predominately found at scattered high-altitude locations. This type is characterized by cool, dry summers, with less than four months with a mean temperature at or above 10 °C (50 °F), as well as with cool, wet winters, with no winter month having a mean temperature below 0 °C (32 °F) (or −3 °C [27 °F]), depending on the isotherm used). Regions with this climate are influenced by the dry-summer trend (though briefly) that extends considerably poleward along the west coast of the Americas, as well as the moderating influences of high altitude and relative proximity to the ocean.
Subarctic | The subarctic climate (also called subpolar climate, or boreal climate) is a climate characterised by long, cold (often very cold) winters, and short, warm to cool summers. Regions which are cold, but not quite cold enough to be considered a Polar climate, generally fall under this category if it's a Continental climate type.

Polar
Tundra | Tundra is second the coldest of all the biomes. It is noted for its frost-molded landscapes, extremely low temperatures, little precipitation, poor nutrients, and short growing seasons. Dead organic material functions as a nutrient pool. It tends to be extremely cold in these regions, but not quite too cold for plant life to grow and even forests to be found.
Arctic Tundra | Arctic Tundras are, with doubt, the coldest biome to be found in Sosaria. They may be found at the northernmost and southernmost points of the world and consist pretty much entirely of snow, ice and any creatures or beings which may call the area home. This climate is unbearably cold, harsh and unforgiving so very few settlements are generally found here.
Back to top Go down
https://lorecraft.forumotion.com

Climate Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lorecraft RPG :: General :: Info & Guides-
Jump to: