Lorecraft RPG
Item Guide 2RX4j3n
Lorecraft RPG
Item Guide 2RX4j3n

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Enter a world of might and magic, myths and legends, fantastic beasts and blood-curdling monsters. Who you'll be, what you'll do and even how you'll go about doing it all lie in the palm of your hand in the lands of Sosaria. Whether you choose the path of the humble craftsman or the cunning merchant, the gallant knight or scythe wielding necromancer... The possibilities are endless. Leave your mark on this mystical world.
Administration

Moderation

- Click Here to Apply -
» Stone Shortsword
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:02 by Soul of Artifice

» Blowgun
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:01 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Spear
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11 2023, 23:27 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Longbow
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:49 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Light Crossbow (WIP)
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:47 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Mallet
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:08 by Soul of Artifice

» Standard Iron Maul
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:07 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Hand Axe
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2023, 17:22 by Soul of Artifice

» List of Gems (WiP)
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2022, 20:32 by Gamemaster

» Ka'ai Corvus (WIP)
Item Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2022, 23:39 by Soul of Artifice

Current Season
Summer

Current Date
September 606

Item Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owner
Gamemaster

Gamemaster

Guild : None
<b>EXP</b> EXP : 33
<b>Gold</b> Gold : 0

Character sheet
Title: None
Class:
Guild: None
Item Guide Empty
PostSubject: Item Guide   Item Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2020, 11:40

Item Guide Qq8QxAF

In this topic, we'll go over everything you need to know about items.

About Items

As you'll find in the Item System, there are seven different types of items that you may create: armor, artifacts, consumables, jewelry, tools, weapons and miscellaneous. Anything and everything that you may possibly possess, including things like furniture, can be considered an item. Albeit, anything that doesn't serve a combat purpose does not require an application to possess. An example might be furniture for your home or simple clothing your character wears. The number of items that your character may possess at any given time is determined by weight and the amount of weight you're able to carry is determined by your Strength stat. Things like weapons and armor count towards your weight limit. Items that are 'sealed' away by means of magic do not count towards your weight limit but may not be brought out if it would cause you to exceed that limit. If you do not have a place to store items that exceed your weight limit, such as a residence or means of magical storage, you may not possess it at all. For the purposes of organization, please include the required skill(s) and level, in that order, to craft the item in the topic description.

Item Creation

In order to create a new Item, all you have to do is create a new topic in the Item Creation board by Clicking Here. You may only apply for one item per topic. Different items must have their own topic. Just like when you created a character, you can open the guide window to find the template along with information on each field and links to all of the relevant systems. Keep in mind, however, that you may only create an item if you meet all of the requirements to craft it. Meaning that in order to create something like a metal sword, you MUST have an adequate skill level in Blacksmithing. While you may create items that are similar to those created by someone else, carbon copies will be denied. When deciding on the abilities of an item, the first ability MUST correlate with the property of one of the materials used but this is limited to one ability. Any other abilities must be the product of enchantments or magical inscriptions.

Crafting Items

Once you've gotten an item approved, you may then craft it. All items are crafted by typing a certain number of words. If you'd rather RP with someone else while you craft it, you may do so but they won't increase your word count. The number of words necessary depends on the quality of the item and may be found below. The entirety of what you type does not have to consist of crafting the item, as we understand how difficult it would be. You may roleplay things that happened before and/or after you create the item that may or may not have anything to do with it, just as long as part of it is dedicated to the process itself. If you RP the process alongside someone with all of the needed skill levels, you may split the word count in half for each but it may not be split further. While those who don't meet the requirements may still be involved, their posts will not count towards the word requirement. To create an item, you MUST possess all of the materials required as outlined in the "Materials" field of the item's application. Materials may be gathered used the trade skills Mining, Lumberjacking and Gathering. More information on how this works may be found in the Skill System under the respective skills. Ore chunks, rough gems, wood logs and fibers must be converted into ingots, refined gems, wood planks and cloth in the item creation process before they may be used. This process does count towards the word requirement for producing the item.
- Beginner | 250 words
- Novice | 500 words
- Adept | 750 words
- Advanced | 1000 words
- Expert | 1250 words
- Master | 2000 words
- Legendary | 3000 words

Repairing Items

In order to repair an item with a durability that's reached zero, you must either meet all of the specifications required to craft it or take it to someone who does. Repairing an item requires far less materials than crafting it does. In fact, all you need is one unit of each material that the item is comprised of. Once you have the required materials, all you have to do is type out the process of repairing the item. Like the crafting process, you can either do this solo or with others. While the word count requirements are less than those for crafting, the process is the same.
- Beginner | 100 words
- Novice | 200 words
- Adept | 300 words
- Advanced | 400 words
- Expert | 500 words
- Master | 750 words
- Legendary | 1250 words

Modifying Items

Modify, upgrade, enchant or inscribe an item after it has already been approved, you MUST post a new application that matches the original application with the exception of the new ability or abilities and get it approved before you may do so. If the level of the item is unchanged, that's all you must do and your new and improved item is ready to go. If the level is increased, however, you must type out the process of upgrading the item. The word/post count required depends on the level difference between the old application and the new. Simply take the word requirement for the old version of the item and subtract it from the requirement for the new version.
Back to top Go down
https://lorecraft.forumotion.com

Item Guide
Page 1 of 1