Lorecraft RPG
Spell Guide 2RX4j3n
Lorecraft RPG
Spell Guide 2RX4j3n

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Enter a world of might and magic, myths and legends, fantastic beasts and blood-curdling monsters. Who you'll be, what you'll do and even how you'll go about doing it all lie in the palm of your hand in the lands of Sosaria. Whether you choose the path of the humble craftsman or the cunning merchant, the gallant knight or scythe wielding necromancer... The possibilities are endless. Leave your mark on this mystical world.
Administration

Moderation

- Click Here to Apply -
» Stone Shortsword
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:02 by Soul of Artifice

» Blowgun
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:01 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Spear
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11 2023, 23:27 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Longbow
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:49 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Light Crossbow (WIP)
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:47 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Mallet
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:08 by Soul of Artifice

» Standard Iron Maul
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:07 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Hand Axe
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2023, 17:22 by Soul of Artifice

» List of Gems (WiP)
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2022, 20:32 by Gamemaster

» Ka'ai Corvus (WIP)
Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2022, 23:39 by Soul of Artifice

Current Season
Summer

Current Date
September 606

Spell Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owner
Gamemaster

Gamemaster

Guild : None
<b>EXP</b> EXP : 33
<b>Gold</b> Gold : 0

Character sheet
Title: None
Class:
Guild: None
Spell Guide Empty
PostSubject: Spell Guide   Spell Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2020, 11:40

Spell Guide BkTIcht

In this topic, we'll go over everything you need to know about spells.

About Moves

Here on Lorecraft, there are two types of techniques that a character may possess: moves and spells. The latter refers to any technique derived from Magic Skills and require spiritual energy, also referred to as mana. In this guide, we'll be going over the nature and creation of spells. Spells are magical attacks, defenses and effects that draw on one's mana to produce a wide variety of effects that wouldn't otherwise be possible. This allows a mage to perform devastating attacks, near impenetrable defenses or alter the world and its contents as they see fit. Unlike moves, spells aren't limited to combat and may be used for a wide variety of purposes whether in or out of combat. On another note, for the purposes of organization please include the level, school and element (if applicable) in their own brackets, and in that order, within the topic description. Put a space between each one. If the topic contains more than one level of spell, include the range.

Spell Creation

In order to create a new Spell, all you have to do is create a new topic in the Spell Creation board by Clicking Here. You may generally only apply for one spell per topic, the only exception being improved forms or variations of a spell which may be included in the same topic. Just like when you created a character, you can open the guide window to find the template along with information on each field and links to all of the relevant systems. Keep in mind, however, that you may only create a spell if you meet all of the requirements to learn and perform it. Meaning that someone who's a Beginner in Abjuration would be unable to create a Abjuration spell with a level higher than that. The guide that may be found above the text box contains all of the information you'll need on filling out each field. Virtually all forms of magic require a spell or ability to perform. Unlike moves, which depend on the user's physical stats to determine the speed and power of one's moves, each spell has a set power and speed that is generally equal to the level of the spell. You may, however, increase either stat by one level but must decrease the other by one level in order to balance it out. Furthermore, this does not count as a stat buff or debuff.

Unlike moves, the effects of spells do not require contact of any form with the user and may freely be used at range. Unlike moves, which in some cases may make use of both anima and mana, spells are strictly limited to mana and may never be used in conjunction with weapons, armor or physical attacks. Furthermore, spells may only buff or debuff the stats of Intelligence, Perception and Charisma. On a side note, spells are judged quite strictly due to the powerful effects that they may produce. While we do allow spells that border the edge of being over-powered, we ask that you try to keep it as balanced as possible. Furthermore, we ask that you offer some form of explanation as to how the spell works. Simply stating what the spell does is not enough. You MUST explain HOW it does what it does. You don't have to be overly particular about it, however. An example might be an Evocation spell that allows you to move things through telekinesis. This could be explained by releasing mana from the body that then encompasses the target being or object and allows the user to move them around freely using this mana.

While Beginner level spells don't typically require any particular stat level(s), moves above Beginner level may require a certain degree of Intelligence, Perception or Charisma to perform. High level moves, such as those that are Expert or higher, must have at LEAST one stat requirement of Expert or higher (depending on the level of the spell) but may require more than one. If you're having trouble deciding what stats or levels to require, you may consult staff or take a wild guess and allow the staff member checking your application to help you make any adjustments if necessary. Requirements aren't just limited to skills or stats, however, and may also include things like a certain item (such as a scroll or book) or person that one must learn the move from. Requirements may not include things such as allegiance to a specific city, kingdom, guild or anything else that would prevent someone from learning the move on a basis that doesn't make IC sense. For example, if a spell was restricted to the kingdom of Serenum, it wouldn't make sense to bar someone from Lunari, who meets the requirements, from learning the move from someone who knows it. Most high level spells will only require a high Intelligence stat. Spells that require a certain level of Perception include any pertaining to the enhancement of senses, extrasensory perception or anything else related to it. The Charisma stat is required for all spells that affect the minds of others, namely Illusion spells.

Performing Moves

All spells require a trigger of some form that takes time to perform. Some examples might be incantations, writing words or symbols, a series of handsigns or whatever else you may come up with. While more powerful spells require more time consuming triggers, you may make it so that those of a level higher than the level of the spell may perform a faster version of the trigger. The speed at which you complete the trigger is determined by your Agility stat. Keep in mind, you may only perform up to one spell one time per post.
Back to top Go down
https://lorecraft.forumotion.com

Spell Guide
Page 1 of 1