Lorecraft RPG
Move Guide 2RX4j3n
Lorecraft RPG
Move Guide 2RX4j3n

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Enter a world of might and magic, myths and legends, fantastic beasts and blood-curdling monsters. Who you'll be, what you'll do and even how you'll go about doing it all lie in the palm of your hand in the lands of Sosaria. Whether you choose the path of the humble craftsman or the cunning merchant, the gallant knight or scythe wielding necromancer... The possibilities are endless. Leave your mark on this mystical world.
Administration

Moderation

- Click Here to Apply -
» Stone Shortsword
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:02 by Soul of Artifice

» Blowgun
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:01 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Spear
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11 2023, 23:27 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Longbow
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:49 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Light Crossbow (WIP)
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:47 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Mallet
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:08 by Soul of Artifice

» Standard Iron Maul
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:07 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Hand Axe
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2023, 17:22 by Soul of Artifice

» List of Gems (WiP)
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2022, 20:32 by Gamemaster

» Ka'ai Corvus (WIP)
Move Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2022, 23:39 by Soul of Artifice

Current Season
Summer

Current Date
September 606

Move Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owner
Gamemaster

Gamemaster

Guild : None
<b>EXP</b> EXP : 33
<b>Gold</b> Gold : 0

Character sheet
Title: None
Class:
Guild: None
Move Guide Empty
PostSubject: Move Guide   Move Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2020, 11:37

Move Guide JPex5bB

In this topic, we'll go over everything you need to know about moves.

About Moves

Here on Lorecraft, there are two types of techniques that a character may possess: moves and spells. The former refers to any technique derived from Combat Skills and require physical energy, also referred to as anima. In this guide, we'll be going over the nature and creation of moves. Moves are physical attacks, maneuvers, defenses and stances that draw on one's anima to amplify their power or produce effects that wouldn't otherwise by possible in a manner similar to magic. This allows a warrior to perform devastating attacks, near impenetrable defenses or evasive maneuvers that they would ordinarily not be capable of. Moves are centered around combat and are focused on enhancing one's physical fighting capabilities. On another note, for the purposes of organization please include the level, school and element (if applicable) in their own brackets, and in that order, within the topic description. Put a space between each one. If the topic contains more than one level of spell, include the range.

Move Creation

In order to create a new Move, all you have to do is create a new topic in the Move Creation board by Clicking Here. You may generally only apply for one move per topic, the only exception being improved forms or variations of a move which may be included in the same topic. Just like when you created a character, you can open the guide window to find the template along with information on each field and links to all of the relevant systems. Keep in mind, however, that you may only create a move if you meet all of the requirements to learn and perform it. Meaning that someone who's a Beginner in Small Arms would be unable to create a Small Arms move with a level higher than that. The guide that may be found above the text box contains all of the information you'll need on filling out each field. While basic striking attacks such as punches, kicks or headbutts won't require a move, advanced moves such as those amplified or enhanced by anima, special stances as well as grappling techniques do require a move in order to perform. While anima's primary purpose is to enhance the power, speed or endurance of physical attacks, it may also be used in a fashion similar to magic.

Unlike magic, however, anything created by anima must maintain direct or indirect contact with the user or else it will dissipate. An example might be a move that allows the user to forge a blade of anima along the outside of their forearm or one that coats the user's sword with anima to increase its sharpness or durability. Another thing to note is that, unlike spells, moves may also make use of mana to produce effects beyond what an ordinary move is capable of, such as producing ranged attacks. This requires a Racial Strength or Perk in order to perform though. In such a case, the move will require the relevant magic skill and, while its range will still be limited by the Move System, its duration and cooldown will be limited by the Magic System. Moreover, the energy cost for such a move is split in half between AP and MP. When creating such a move, only list the required combat skill under the Discipline field and the relevant magic skill(s) under the Requirements field.

While Beginner level moves don't typically require any particular stat level(s), moves above Beginner level may require a certain degree of Strength, Agility or Endurance in order to perform. High level moves, such as those that are Expert or higher, must have at LEAST one stat requirement of Expert or higher but may require more than one. If you're having trouble deciding what stats or levels to require, you may consult staff or take a wild guess and allow the staff member checking your application to help you make any adjustments if necessary. Requirements aren't just limited to skills or stats, however, and may also include things like a certain item (such as a scroll or book) or person that one must learn the move from. Requirements may not include things such as allegiance to a specific city, kingdom, guild or anything else that would prevent someone from learning the move on a basis that doesn't make IC sense. For example, if a move was restricted to the kingdom of Serenum, it wouldn't make sense to bar someone from Lunari, who meets the requirements, from learning the move from someone who knows it.

Performing Moves

Unlike spells, moves do not require any special trigger, or action, in order to perform. One need only channel their anima to the relevant part of their body, weapon or armor in order to perform the move. This means that, unlike spells, a move may be performed much faster. Also unlike spells, moves do not possess their own set speed or power. The power of a move is determined by the user's Strength stat whereas the speed of the move is determined by their Agility. The durability of the physical manifestation of anima, however, is determined by the user's Endurance stat. This means that if you perform a move that coats your body in anima, how much damage it can withstand will be determined by your Endurance. On another note, stances can offer various uses. At the lower levels, it puts the user in a position to react to attacks faster than they'd otherwise be capable of. At higher levels, stances may boost the physical stats of the user to make their moves faster or more powerful. Although stances follow the same stat boosting limitations as any other technique, they do not count towards any of the limits. This means that even though you're typically only allowed to use one technique at a time that boosts a stat, you may still use a second stat-boosting technique in addition to your stance. You may only perform up to one move one time per post, or two if one of those moves is a stance.
Back to top Go down
https://lorecraft.forumotion.com

Move Guide
Page 1 of 1