Lorecraft RPG
Magic System 2RX4j3n
Lorecraft RPG
Magic System 2RX4j3n

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Enter a world of might and magic, myths and legends, fantastic beasts and blood-curdling monsters. Who you'll be, what you'll do and even how you'll go about doing it all lie in the palm of your hand in the lands of Sosaria. Whether you choose the path of the humble craftsman or the cunning merchant, the gallant knight or scythe wielding necromancer... The possibilities are endless. Leave your mark on this mystical world.
Administration

Moderation

- Click Here to Apply -
» Stone Shortsword
Magic System I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:02 by Soul of Artifice

» Blowgun
Magic System I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2023, 22:01 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Spear
Magic System I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11 2023, 23:27 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Longbow
Magic System I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:49 by Soul of Artifice

» Wooden Light Crossbow (WIP)
Magic System I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:47 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Mallet
Magic System I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:08 by Soul of Artifice

» Standard Iron Maul
Magic System I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2023, 10:07 by Soul of Artifice

» Stone Hand Axe
Magic System I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2023, 17:22 by Soul of Artifice

» List of Gems (WiP)
Magic System I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2022, 20:32 by Gamemaster

» Ka'ai Corvus (WIP)
Magic System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2022, 23:39 by Soul of Artifice

Current Season
Summer

Current Date
September 606

Magic System

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owner
Gamemaster

Gamemaster

Guild : None
<b>EXP</b> EXP : 33
<b>Gold</b> Gold : 0

Character sheet
Title: None
Class:
Guild: None
Magic System Empty
PostSubject: Magic System   Magic System I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2018, 13:32

Magic System XIjRvZZ

REMEMBER! Staff reserves the right to nerf or deny any spell on the basis of it being broken.

This topic is going to go over everything you need to know about Spells and Mana.
Spell | Any technique that depends entirely on mana is considered a spell. Spells require that you have sufficient skill level in the necessary magical skill. Furthermore, more complex spells may require a high Intelligence stat to learn or utilize. Spells are restricted to techniques that use mana alone and don't involve physical attacks or weapons. Spells are only capable of buffing or debuffing the Intelligence, Perception or Charisma stats.

Mana | Mana is the spiritual energy that all living things possess. It is not contained by any organic system, as it's on a separate plane of existence, and therefore one's Mana reserves can not be physically attacked. They exist within each living thing, but on the astral plane rather than the physical. With that said, it can still be attacked by certain spells. Unlike Anima, Mana doesn't require physical contact with the user to maintain itself.

Spell Guidelines
Instead of setting the speed and power of a spell to the tier of the technique, you may also reduce one by a tier to increase the other by a tier. That's why the max speed and max power limits are one higher than the tier they fall under.
Type :: All you have to do is list any skills and elements, separated by commas, that your spell requires in order to be learned and used.
Tier :: The tier denotes the complexity or power of the spell, as well as dictating the required skill level(s). This can range anywhere between Tier 0 and 6. It may also determine the speed and power of your spell, unless you'd like to sacrifice a tier in one to increase the other. An example might be a tier 4 magical arrow with tier 5 penetrating power but tier 3 speed.
Speed :: This is how quickly the spell takes affect and/or how quickly that it moves.
Power :: This is how powerful the spell is.
Trigger :: The trigger can be absolutely any action but it's important to note that the more complex and time-consuming the trigger, the more potent the spell; as well as vice versa. More powerful spells require more complicated triggers.

Learning Spells

Learning new moves can be done by paying a certain amount of EXP during time skips, or meeting a certain word count requirement, the amount depending on the level of the move. We will go over these amounts below:
Tier 0 - 500 Words or 200 EXP
Tier 1 - 1,000 Words or 400 EXP
Tier 2 - 2,000 Words or 800 EXP
Tier 3 - 3,000 Words or 2,000 EXP
Tier 4 - 5,000 Words or 4,000 EXP
Tier 5 - 6,000 Words or 5,000 EXP
Tier 6 - 8,000 Words or 8,000 EXP

The "training" simply needs to include you using the relevant spell, even if it's on your very first attempt. All of the rest can be spent doing whatever you wish to do and it will still count toward the total word count. The posts of others, however, do not. The word count requirement is reduced by 50% if your topic includes training with someone who already knows the spell.
Back to top Go down
https://lorecraft.forumotion.com

Magic System
Page 1 of 1